A Plus Staffing Solutions
A Plus Staffing Solutions is seeking full-time and part-time dietary aides for several clients in the Columbus, OH area.
A dietary aide works in food preparation in healthcare facilities, hospitals or retirement homes. A dietary aide is a primary person responsible for preparing a healthy meal for a resident and being mindful of dietary restrictions, allergies and special concerns. Often a dietary aide will work directly with or for a dietitian to create and administer specific diet plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Utilizes proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Take meal/drink orders and serves meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Assures resident/guest is satisfied with their meals.
- Maintains all side stations and dining areas following cleaning standards.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Sets-up and cleans the dining room while maintaining hospitality and service standards.
- Maintain or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality).
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
One year previous experience in dining/food service preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Complies with OSHA in the workplace
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $10.00 to $11.50 /hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.