A Plus Staffing Solutions
GREAT Temporary Position!!
DESCRIPTION: A Plus Staffing Solutions is looking to fill a vacant position of a Research Clerk for an industry-leading organization with a growing team. The Research Clerk will research utility warnings, potential missing bills, and late fees. Analyze payment history, negotiate and arrange payment with utility vendors, or executes alternate solutions as deemed necessary to avoid client shut off of utility service. Responsible for the removal of the client’s late fees. Responds to calls received via the hotline.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Under direct supervision, researches utility termination warnings, potential missing bills, and late fees by reviewing payment history, account posting, and status of check clearing to determine whether further action is required on notices according to department procedures.
- Contacts utility vendors via telephone to determine reason and amount of balance due. Verifies address and that payment have been applied to proper account.
- With guidance, negotiates a date extension for receipt of payment or arranges alternative solutions to avoid a client shut off of utility service. In addition, negotiates with the vendor removal of late fees and penalties assessed to the account.
- Prepares and provides written correspondence via email or fax of copy of check remittance to vendors as deemed necessary to resolve shut off possibility. Request replacement bills from vendor as needed.
- Work closely with staff and vendors to minimize and correct errors, answer inquires, and resolve bill and account discrepancies.
- Organizes daily work within the termination research, missing bill, and late fee databases.
- Review and contact vendor’s listed on various late fee reports monthly to determine which vendor’s late fees should be targeted.
- Answer vendor hotline and assist vendors with questions on a timely basis.
- Provides and maintains concise documentation of research, accurate production task time sheets, and updated departmental standards and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written and maintain a positive composure.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform basic functions in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 6 months of previous telephone experience normally acquired working in a customer service or collection position or equivalent work experience.
If you are an efficient and goal-oriented self-starter, we want to hear from you! Contact us now to start your career!
To apply for this job please visit usastaff.com.